North Wales Fire and Rescue were called to a metal fire in Gwyddelwern on Friday.
Two appliances from Ruthin and Llangollen attended the fire at the Lelo Metal Works.
The fire consisted of 35 cubic metres of scrap metal from baled cars.
Crews were called not long before 10am and spent just over an hour dealing with the blaze, with stop called at 11.02am.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera, small tools and a hose reel. The cause was a malfunction in a car compactor.
A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received a call at 9.51 am alerting us to a fire at the Lelo metal recycling works in Gwyddelwern on Friday.
“The fire involved baled cars, consisting of around 35 square metres of scrap metal.
“Two appliances from Ruthin and Llangollen attended, using a thermal imaging camera, two small tools and one hose reel.
“The cause was a malfunction in a car compactor.”
See full story in the Free Press