A workshop used by Llangollen Railway has been completely destroyed by fire.
General manager Kevin Gooding said the eight metre square structure in question was the Permanent Way Hut, or Track Maintenance Hut, near the car park at Carrog Station.
Mr Gooding said: “There was no injury to anyone, but paperwork, possessions and stock items were destroyed.
“The North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said it was caused by a spark from the log fire.
“The building was of wooden construction which did not help the situation.”
Two fire crews fought the blaze for about three hours, using two main jets, two hose reels as well as breathing apparatus and a triple extension ladder.
One appliance from Corwen and a second from Wrexham were sent to the scene.
See full story in the Free Press