Blaze in Llanbedr DC sparked by light fitting

Reporter:

Staff reporter (Denbighshire Free)

North Wales Fire and Rescue were called to a house fire in the early hours of Tuesday.

The fire at the property in Llanbedr DC was caused by a short circuit in a light fitting.

Fire services were alerted at 00.12am with two crews attended the scene from Mold and Ruthin using one hose reel and two sets of breathing apparatus.

The house received 75% fire damage to the loft area, 25% fire damage to the roof space and slight smoke damage throughout.

A spokeswoman for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: “We were called to a house fire in Llanbedr DC at 12 monutes past midnight on Tuesday morning.

“We responded with two appliances from Mold and Ruthin, using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel.

“There was 75% fire damage to the house’s loft area and 25% fire damage to the roof space.

“The house also received slight smoke damage throughout.

“The fire was caused by a short circuit in a light fitting. Stop was called at 1.41am.”

See full story in the Free Press

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read