A BLAZE damaged the kitchen and laundry room of a house at a holiday park in Bala.

The fire happened yesterday afternoon (Sunday) at the Pen Y Garth Lodge Park at Rhosygwalia. The cause is believed to have been electrical.

The site has more than 60 timber lodges.

Lliwen MacRae, manager, said: “The damage is already being repaired and we are grateful there were no injuries.”

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue service said: "Fire engines from Bala, Corwen and Dolgellau were called to the scene, and three thermal imaging cameras were used.

"It is believed the cause of the blaze was electrical.”