CCTV FOOTAGE has been released of a gang, operating from a caravan park in Rhyl, that stole more than £400,000 by blowing up ATM machines using gas cylinders.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) have uploaded a three minute video to Youtube of several stores across their region and North Wales being broken into by the gang.

GMP launched Operation Cass following a rise in the number of ATM offences in mid-2018. As a result of this, five men have been arrested in connection with the incidents and are now set for lengthy jail sentences.

The Force has now named the five as; Lewis Murkin, 33, Ryan Wilson, 31, Michael Cash, 30, and Martin Goldstraw, 43, who are all from Stockport and Philip Clarke, 32, from Manchester.

According to Police, 36 attacks were made on ATM's in the Greater Manchester area, as well as a further seven in Cheshire and six in North Wales.

Machines were blown up using gas canisters and safes were opened with angle grinders (below).

Denbighshire Free Press: Denbighshire Free Press:

These items were then found in a stolen vehicle, used in one of the raids, in Oldham in February amidst the gang's last attempt during which they were caught by armed police.

Several raids took place within the space of less than a year and the group are believed to have stolen around £418,000 in total.

Stores broken into in North Wales included the Co-op’s in Plas Newydd, Deganwy and on Lower Denbigh Road in St Asaph.

An unsuccessful attempt was also made at the Co-op on Ty Fry Lane, Bodelwyddan and other raids were carried out in Cheshire, Greater Manchester and Yorkshire.

Denbighshire Free Press:

Further equipment found in the stolen vehicle in Oldham. PICTURE: Greater Manchester Police.

Raids on North Wales-based shops were carried out in March 2018 while others in places such as Chester, Elworth and Ewloe took place later on in the year and in early 2019.

Further attempts were made in Macclesfield, Illkley, Gatley, Bolton and in the gang's hometown of Stockport.

Greater Manchester Police say they will be releasing a further statement on the matter following the sentencing of the five individuals later on in the year.