AN elderly woman rang firefighters after her cooking set fire on Tuesday evening.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said it attended a property on Maes Hafod in Ruthin just after 7pm.

Firefighters found the woman “in her 90s” had overcooked her food.

“We sent one appliance to the property on Maes Hafod, Ruthin at 7.07pm on Tuesday, October 8,” a spokesperson for NWFRS said.

“A fire had been caused by overcooking.

“The fire was out upon arrival.”

The spokesperson added that the woman was not harmed.