MAES Tegid is turning out to be a happy hunting ground for Corwen.

For the second weekend running, Danny Jellicoe's side took to the 3G pitch at Bala and the outing resulted in another Wrexham Area League Premier Division win for the Dee Valley outfit.

There was a sour note early on in proceedings.

Rhostyllen captain Steven Jones, who broke his shin two years ago, had to be stretchered off after he was caught in the shin challenging for a ball, which flared up his old injury.

Luckily for him one of the Rhostyllen management team is a paramedic, who was able to treat him.

Everyone at Corwen would like to wish Steven a speedy recovery.

As the game got underway again, Corwen hit Rhostyllen with a good move and Tommy Mutton's first time shot was parried by keeper Josh Jones, with Joe Williams unable to control from the rebound.

Mutton did find the back of the net in the 27th minute, but his celebrations were cut short as the goal was disallowed for offside.

Rhostyllen replied two minutes later with Owen Williams' shot at goal seeing home keeper Nathan Roberts diving to save.

Turning to the 35th minute and Joe Williams' angled shot went narrowly wide of the post, while Williams was in the thick of the action again two minutes later.

After running past two Rhostyllen players, Williams' shot forced Jones into a good save.

From the ensuing corner, the ball pinged-ponged around the penalty area before finding its way to Williams, whose looped shot over the keeper dropped into the back of the net.

Rhostyllen looked to respond a couple of minutes before the break and Dewi Jones' shot from distance had Nathan Roberts scrambling back to his line, but the ball landed on the roof of the net.

Corwen went agonisingly close to doubling their advantage when Joe Williams' cross into the box just eluded Ryan Billington and Tommy Mutton.

Another goal would arrive before the break and it went in Rhostyllen's favour via James Jones' speculative effort from distance.

While Nathan Roberts made a fine save, he was helpless to stop Steven Allman from firing in the rebound.

Rhostyllen's purple patch continued and Mathew Williams capitalised on some poor defending to make it 3-1.

Corwen would have been keen for a swift response and they got one on 57 minutes.

Joe Williams lobbed in his second goal of the afternoon.

It was turning into an amazing contest and Corwen were level once more within 60 seconds.

A great move ended with Ioz Jones slotting the ball home.

Unbelievably, Corwen took the lead after an hour.

Ioz Jones timed a run perfectly to stay onside and he ran through to fire the ball into bottom corner of the net.

The attacking continued after the flurry of goals and Rhostyllen threatened with James Jones' dangerous cross, which was headed clear by Sion Dolben Hughes off the line.

However, there was soon joy for Corwen as Joe Williams completed his hat-trick.

Josh Jones flapped at Scott Evans' corner and Williams did the rest to make it 5-3.

Corwen soon had the ball in the net once more, but Andrew Roberts' effort was chalked off for offside.

It wasn't yet game over and Rhostyllen had a chance to add to their tally in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

James Jones appearing to be brought down outside the penalty area, but the referee instead pointed to the penalty spot.

Jones took the spot kick himself and sent Nathan Roberts the wrong way to make it 5-4.

There was no chance of further drama, though, and as soon as Corwen took the kick off, referee Stephen Jones blew the final whistle to end a breathless encounter.