THE Lakesiders Met their match over the weekend.

It was a Saturday afternoon to forget for Bala Town as they slumped to a 3-0 Welsh Premier League defeat at Cardiff Met.

The home side came flying out of the blocks and they took an early hold of the game.

This resulted in them opening the scoring after only eight minutes.

Roscrow attacked down the left and crossed the ball to Will Evans, who tapped it into the net from close range.

Met’s formation set up was proving extremely difficult for Bala to break down, with the visitors unable to capitalise on their half chances.

There were further opportunities for Met when a free kick went narrowly wide of the far post, before Eliot Evans saw his strike curl around the post after a move through the middle.

Bala’s first clearcut chance came on 34 minutes.

Kieran Smith released Henry Jones and he crossed immediately into the area, but there was no Town shirt there to meet the ball.

Before the interval, Town almost pulled a goal back as a powerful effort from an unmarked Kieran Smith soared over the crossbar.

Improvement was needed in the second half by Bala and there was a better Town display.

Another great chance fell to Anthony Miley, who struck the ball over the bar from Jones’ free kick and this opportunity should have seen Bala back on level terms.

From what could have been 1-1, it actually went 2-0 in favour of the hosts.

Roscrow got on the end of a cross from the left and poked the ball home.

Evan Horwood and Mike Hayes came on to freshen things up for the Lakesiders and for some 20 minutes, Town were in the ascendancy.

The chances created should have seen Bala get themselves back into the game.

Hayes found Jones, but his close range effort was blocked, while Stuart Jones saw his header being tipped over the bar from a Town corner.

Soon after, the biggest chance of the game arrived when a massive goalmouth melee saw Tames rattle the crossbar and Miley’s follow-up header was hacked off the goal line.

Lang collected Jones’ teasing delivery and then Hayes’ rocket of a strike from the edge of the area was pulled inches wide of the upright.

Regardless of their dominant spell of pressure, Bala's hopes of a comeback ended 11 minutes from time.

Will Evans blasted the ball past Ashley Morris to secure the three points.

It was a below par afternoon from the Lakesiders, who need to get back on track for the final game before the split next week against Caernarfon.