A DOMINANT performance has kept alive Ruthin's hopes of achieving a top-three finish this season.

The Blues maintained their fourth placed position in WRU League Division One (North) on the back of their thumping 59-0 home success versus Bro Ffestiniog.

Ruthin dominated this game against a lively Bro side who fought right to the end.

In the first few minutes, Bro had the chance to go ahead with a penalty goal attempt, but it missed the mark.

After defending against Bro in midfield for a while, it was the turn of the Blues go on the attack.

After 12 minutes of play, flanker Tudur Parry put scrum half Cai Edwards through for his first try, which was converted by full back Dyfan Humphreys.

Bro Ffestiniog then went down to 14 men with a yellow card and after a further three minutes, wing Josh Wilson got Ruthin’s second try of the afternoon, with Humphreys converting.

Then, five minutes later, Humphreys crossed the whitewash himself and his conversion turned it into a seven-pointer.

Back up to full strength, Bro were having to defend well against a free-flowing Ruthin attack, marshalled by centre Gethin Hughes playing his 300th first team game.

Ten minutes before the break and man of the match centre Emyr Gwynedd got Ruthin’s bonus point try.

Just before half-time, Bro were awarded a penalty in Ruthin’s half.

They opted to run it, but the move broke down and the whistle blew for half-time with the home side comfortably 26-0 ahead.

The second half commenced with Josh Wilson scoring a terrific individual try.

He ran from his own half and dodged Bro’s defence to score, with Dyfan Humphreys once more converting.

Although they were well out of sight, the home side kept up the pressure for the rest of the half.

Dyfan Humphreys scored his second converted try and with 10 minutes to go, substitute centre Mike Jones forced his way over the line.

Dyfan Humphreys secured the conversion points, prior to Cai Edwards scoring the final two tries to complete his hat-trick.