IF this was a predicted seven-try bonus point victory for league leaders Llandudno against a team fighting for survival, it provided scant justice for a battling performance by Dinbych.

Missing key forwards because of injury, Dinbych were forced to play five front row players throughout the match and with little or no lineout options.

As a result, unbeaten Division One (North) frontrunners Llandudno had the lion's share of possession, which their nimble backs used to good effect to exploit any defensive lapses by Dinbych.

The first quarter-of-an-hour was evenly fought before Llandudno opened the scoring with a converted try in the corner after they created an overlap down the right hand touchline.

They followed this with three quick-fire converted tries midway through the half, in each case launching counter-attacks from distance after turnover possession or fielding kicks and following this with good support play after breaching the first line Dinbych defence.

Throughout this time, the makeshift Dinbych pack provided stout resistance through their solid scrummaging, with Joe Davies and Dave Roberts leading the way with aggressive defending in the loose, as well as showing their strength with ball in hand.

The Dinbych backs had more limited possession and they were well marshalled by skipper Tom Seddon in the centre.

The backs combined well releasing wings Aidyn Jones and Kieran Bonar on touchline dashes, which the covering Llandudno defence did well to stop.

Dinbych eventually replied just before the interval after attacking deep into the Llandudno 22.

Following several phases of play, hooker Elliot Davies went over in the corner for his first ever try for the first team.

Trailing 28-5 at the interval, Dinbych fell further behind early in the second half when Llandudno crossed for their fifth try.

This try, which was unconverted, came after another phase of good support play.

Replacement flanker Robin Williams then gave Dinbych a glimmer of hope as he plunged over for an unconverted try after following up his own hack ahead.

Much of the remainder of the half was evenly fought until Llandudno crossed for two tries in the closing minutes to consign Dinbych to a heavier defeat than they deserved after such a competitive display especially by their make-shift pack.