IT'S been a while in the making, but the Lakesiders have sampled victory in the Welsh Premier League.

A fine display at Barry Town United made sure that Bala Town claimed their first league success since Boxing Day.

From the outset, it was apparent that Bala were at Jenner Park with only one aim – to go home with all three points.

It was an electric display by the Lakesiders, who could have been comfortably ahead after only 10 minutes.

Chris Venables saw his header being collected by Lewis, while Anthony Miley got on the end of Henry Jones’ teasing free kick, but he was unable to capitalise.

Then Venables once more forced a save out of the keeper.

Bala were in full control and they were enjoying waves of pressure.

Evan Horwood sliced a chance wide after the ball fell to him from a free kick, prior to Henry Jones rattling the crossbar with a long distance effort.

Bala got their deserved goal after 32 minutes.

Andy Burns unleashed a rocket from the edge of the box that arrowed into the top corner of the net.

Minutes before the interval and Mike Hayes had an opportunity to double the advantage when he drove through the midfield and turned two defenders, but his low strike was tipped around the post by the keeper.

The second half was just as good from the Lakesiders' perspective and they delivered a determined, passionate and strong performance.

Building a sustained spell of pressure, Town needed a second goal to kill the game off and they were creating plenty of chances.

Venables saw an effort blocked in the six-yard box and then Nathan Burke’s follow-up fizzed inches wide, prior to Henry Jones unleashing a 30-yard strike over the crossbar.

With a quarter-of-an-hour remaining, Bala were awarded a penalty.

Up stepped Chris Venables, who powered a strike down the middle to deservedly make it 2-0 to the visitors.

From the restart, it could have been three-nil when Jones hit the base of the post from distance.

Venables struck the bar, before Lewis was called into action again to keep the Town captain at bay.

With three minutes left, Bala rattled the woodwork for a fourth time, again through Venables.

However, this didn’t matter as Bala cruised through to a fine victory.