IT was all-square in a key midweek derby.

With the clocks going forward, this meant it was the start of midweek action in the Wrexham Area League.

The first tie of this busy period saw Corwen host Llanuwchllyn.

Despite it supposedly being spring, a cold and wet evening welcomed the sides, with the tops of the surrounding mountains being covered in snow.

The visitors had the first chance when a cross-shot crashed against the crossbar.

Llanuwchllyn did claim the lead after a quarter-of-an-hour.

Iolo Jones headed the ball on to former Corwen player Delwyn Jones, who was able to find the back of the net.

Corwen looked to respond and Dale Davies headed Dominic Doherty's cross over the bar.

Just past the midway point of the half, the ball was knocked back to Corwen’s Nathan Davies, who hit a powerful shot over the bar from the edge of the box.

Llanuwchllyn went close to doubling their advantage in the 27th minute.

Iolo Jones' shot looked to be destined for the back of the net, but keeper Nathan Roberts pulled off a fine diving save to keep the deficit at one goal.

This save proved to be a key moment in the game.

It was level just a minute later when Dale Davies rose to head an effort into the net.

Corwen maintained their purple patch and they went in front after 37 minutes.

Eilir Edwards whipped a free kick into the penalty area and Joe Williams was there to head the ball home.

Corwen looked to extend their advantage when the second half got underway and Dominic Doherty's shot from edge of the box went narrowly wide of the target.

Llanuwchllyn were still well in the contest, though, and Nathan Roberts gave the ball away to Cai Johnson, whose shot went over the top.

At the other end, Dale Davies was fouled just outside the Llan box, but the ball ran through to Ryan Billington, who saw his shot saved by keeper Rob Dascalu.

As the game entered the final minute of normal time, Llanuwchllyn were awarded a corner.

With plenty of players in the box, the set piece fell into the path of former Corwen captain Iwan Jones, who scrambled the ball into the back of the net.

There was still time another potential twist in the tail.

In second minute of stoppage time, Corwen attacked their visitors and Dale Davies' shot looked like it was going in.

However, a brilliant fingertip save from Rob Dascalu diverted it just wide of the post, to ensure the away side gained a share of the spoils.