DINBYCH'S fine end of season run was extended with a high-scoring seven-try bonus point victory over high-flying Pwllheli.

In a pulsating match, Pwllheli constantly threatened through their direct running with only a desperate defence by Dinbych denying them several scores.

However, Dinbych managed to turn over possession on their own line on several occasions and they punished the visitors with long distance tries from the resulting counterattacks by their dangerous backs.

Dinbych got off to a flying start as they opened the scoring after only three minutes.

After working their way upfield from their own 22, full back Gruff Roberts went over in the corner for an unconverted try.

Roberts beat four defenders following a ruck just inside the Pwllheli half.

Dinbych extended their lead eight minutes later after a period of intense pressure by Pwllheli near the Dinbych line.

Skipper Tom Seddon turned over possession on his own line and gave left wing Kieran Bonar the opportunity to show his pace with a length of the field run to cross for a try, converted by Gruff Roberts.

They went further ahead with a penalty by Gruff Roberts from 30 metres and added a third try when scrum half Henry Davies counter-attacked after fielding a kick on halfway, resulting in wing Aidyn Jones beating several defenders to score an unconverted try in the corner.

Trailing by 20 points, Pwllheli eventually opened their account in the 33rd minute when centre Huw Williams brushed aside several tackles for a try, converted by wing Dafydd Jones.

Dinbych replied with an outstanding score by Gruff Roberts, who robbed Pwllheli of possession before beating several defenders to run in for a try, which he converted himself.

Trailing 27-7 at the interval, Pwllheli reduced the deficit three minutes after the restart when scrum half Gwilym Sion Parry went over for a try near the corner after the forwards had gone close with a series of drives from a short-range lineout.

Dafydd Jones added the conversion points.

Dinbych immediately responded when number eight Robin Williams broke from a scrum on the Pwllheli 22 with Henry Davies and Gruff Roberts in support, who created the opening for Aidyn Jones to go over in the corner for his second try.

Gruff Roberts converted with an excellent kick from the touchline.

Pwllheli again benefited from direct running when centre Deio Brunelli cut through the Dinbych defence for an unconverted try.

At the other end, Henry Davies went over the Pwllheli line from five metres after a quickly taken tap penalty for a try converted by Gruff Roberts.

Pwllheli again fought back with an unconverted try from a quickly taken short range tap penalty midway through the half, only for Dinbych to pull away again when hooker Dafydd Jones went over in the corner following an initial break into the Pwllheli 22 by flanker Dan Lawrence.

The visitors eventually closed the scoring in the dying minutes when bulky centre Huw Williams breached the Dinbych defence from short range for a try, converted by Dafydd Jones.