SO, it comes down to the final game of the season.

Needing a win to secure their Wrexham Area League Premier Division title, Corwen slumped to a last minute loss during their trip to Cefn Albion.

Danny Jellicoe's charges have one match left to play in their efforts to overhaul current frontrunners Queens Park and they need to win at fourth-placed Mold Alex on Saturday to claim the championship.

A draw or Mold victory will hand the championship to Queens Park.

Corwen's first opportunity at Cefn Albion came in the fifth minute when Sam Henry's free kick cleared the wall and the crossbar.

At the other end, Cefn went close to claiming the lead when Danny Holland's effort smashed against the post.

Corwen's Joe Williams posed a threat in the 28th minute, but he was denied by home number one Joshua Roberts.

However, Corwen were in front just three minutes later.

When Scott Evans put the ball in the box, Sam Henry won a battle with Paul Griffiths to fire into the back of the net.

That lead wasn't destined to last for long, though, and it was level 10 minutes later.

Corwen keeper Dylan Jones came off his line to attempt to clear a long ball, but he had a poor touch under pressure from Danny Holland.

This allowed the midfielder to collect the ball, go around Jones and slot into an unguarded net.

Corwen went so close to regaining the lead three minutes into the second period.

Scott Evans' corner was met at the far post by Dale Davies, whose header hit the post and Joe Williams could not control the rebound.

At the other end, Dylan Jones saved Alex Williams' effort, while another Dale Davies header for Corwen was tippled over by Roberts.

Corwen threatened again when Davies outmuscled two defenders before setting up Sam Henry, whose header was tipped over by Roberts.

The visitors thought the title was in the bag with 10 minutes left to play.

Substitute Iorwerth Jones crossed the ball into the Cefn penalty area and Sam Henry's effort went in off the post.

However, Corwen's joy was shortlived.

Two minutes later, Alex Williams was a whisker from being offside when he went past the Corwen backline to collect the ball from a free kick and he knocked his strike into the back of the net via the post.

Undeterred, Corwen looked to respond and Sam Henry sent his header over the bar.

The final twist in the game came in the 90th minute when Cefn grabbed a dramatic winner.

Corwen defender Kyle Jones was in the wrong place at the wrong time from a free kick and he could do nothing as the ball went into the back of the net off his head.