IF Llangynhafal can keep their players fit and healthy for the next month-and-a-half they will go close to claiming the Summer League crown.

The tangerines made it five wins on the bounce with a deserved 3-1 home win over fellow title challengers Henllan on Thursday evening.

They had to come from behind to seal their latest success, but Henllan's inability to deal with set pieces helped to consign them to a second defeat of the campaign.

Llangynhafal made the better start and the visitors were left desperately defending a couple of corners.

Denbighshire Free Press: Alex WebsterAlex Webster

A superb ball into the box from the influential Alex Webster set up the first clear opportunity, but Tom Seddon was unable to take the chance and he knocked his effort wide.

Gradually, Henllan started to see more of the ball and they were handed a glorious opportunity to take the lead in the 12th minute.

A handball offence in the box resulted in a penalty being awarded and Elgan Roberts confidently tucked away the spot kick.

The remainder of the opening period was close.

A dangerous Ed Jones set piece for Henllan crept just over the crossbar as the visitors looked to extend their advantage, while Llangynhafal had moments of their own in the dangerzone.

The hosts made a bright start to the second half and Tom Seddon put a header wide of the target soon after the restart.

However, Llangynhafal were able to celebrate an equaliser in the 48th minute.

Patient build-up play concluded with Alex Webster guiding a left-footed shot into the corner of the net from the edge of the box.

Set pieces continued to pose a threat to Henllan and from one scramble, goalkeeper Steve Robinson was relieved to gather the ball.

At the other end, Tom Jones had an excellent chance to put the visitors back into the lead, but Tom Dyer got back to deflect the effort wide.

Two goals in the space of five minutes saw Llangynhafal take control of the contest.

With 19 minutes remaining, the hosts finally got their noses in front.

There was nothing pretty about it as Alun Vaughan-Evans got the final touch during a scramble, but that won't bother Llangynhafal one bit.

Llangynhafal then had some breathing space when they went 3-1 up in the 76th minute.

Henllan again failed to deal with a set piece and Garmon Hafal was in the right place to net from close range.