A FOUR-MIDABLE showing has ensured the season started in the best possible fashion for Denbigh Town.

Back in Division One of the Lock Stock Welsh Alliance League after relegation last season, Denbigh came out as comfortable winners in their home meeting with Mynydd Llandegai.

The game was played in conditions that were more associated to mid-winter rather than mid August, with torrential rain and high winds the order of the day and both teams acquitted themselves well in such adverse conditions.

This was Dewi Llion Jones’ first game as the sole manager of Town and during pre-season, he put together a squad with a distinctive local flavour.

With his appointment of ex-Bala Town and Denbigh Town player Owain Roberts as his assistant, the duo are looking for the club to bounce back after last season's relegation.

New signing Jonathan Terry took the captain's armband after Mark Roberts failed a late fitness test.

Kristian Pierce had to pull out through injury and he will be missing for a couple of weeks, while Miles Todd was suspended for the game.

With Denbigh playing into the strong wind in the first half, both Jake Walker and Billy Holmes had chances to put them ahead within the first five minutes, but both opportunities went astray.

Mynydd Llandegai had their first chance after a quarter-of-an-hour, with keeper Antoni Jan Sarnowski pulling off a great diving save from Ben Parker's free kick.

With the rain lashing down, Denbigh attacked strongly in the 37th minute.

The ball fell to Jake Walker some 12 yards from goal and he was able to turn sharply and fire in a low shot to break the deadlock.

With the wind behind them, Denbigh started the second half brightly.

Dan Clarke's dangerous free kick was met by Les Brophy’s header, but his effort was straight at visiting number one Bould.

Clarke was making his debut for his home town club having been on Chester’s books until last season and he showed great promise with some excellent touches throughout the game.

Denbigh’s second goal came on 53 minutes, courtesy of some great work by full back Dan Lloyd.

He whipped in a vicious cross, which Jake Walker met via a perfect volley to fire high into the roof of the visitors' net.

Town now appeared to be well in control, but the visitors struck back with an outstanding goal on 69 minutes from Osian Jones.

Jones unleashed a brilliant strike from 25 yards that flew over Sarnowski’s stretched arms and then dipped into the back of the net.

Mynydd Llandegai's hopes of a fightback were dented when they were reduced to 10 men in the 78th minute.

Billy Holmes was crudely fouled by Iwan Morris and referee Pete Kewley showed the Llandegai defender a second yellow card.

Denbigh then changed their formation slightly and Mark Roberts came on for the hard-working Sam Tate with 10 minutes left.

Five minutes later and Roberts was on the scoresheet to seal the three points.

Just before the final whistle, Denbigh grabbed their fourth goal.

From Sion Jones' corner, the ball went into the back of the visitors' net courtesy of an own goal after some pressure from Les Brophy.