ST ASAPH City manager Daniel Brewerton was please with side’s display in their 1-1 draw at Nantlle Vale.

The Saints came from behind to kick-off their Lock Stock Welsh Alliance Division One campaign with a positive result.

Brewerton said: “To be honest I’m really happy coming away from the game with a point, we know they are good at home and only two teams managed a win there in the league last year.

“The lads deserve a huge amount of credit, especially 17-year-old reserve keeper Josh Wedge, after nearly 18 months out of the game due to a broken hip, he was called into the squad four hours before kick-off and put in a solid performance.

“The circumstances going into the game meant a late change to the system, and to be fair, Nant played a very high tempo game and never allowed us much time on the ball, but the lads stepped up to the occasion and got a valuable point.”

Vale got off to a bright start and managed to get their noses in front on 35 minutes when a neat passage of play presented a chance to Tom Mahoney, who made no mistake with the finish to break the deadlock.

Wedge pulled off a series of fine stops to keep his side in the game following the goal, and the visitors came out after the break with a renewed sense of purpose that eventually resulted in them claiming a share of the spoils.

Their telling moment arrived with 70 minutes on the clock, with Danny Williams on hand to turn in an opportunity to level matters after a period of consistent pressure.



SIX of the best made sure that Llannefydd enjoyed a terrific start to the new season.

Llan's first Lock Stock Welsh Alliance League Division Two encounter saw them playing host to Barmouth & Dyffryn United.

In the end, it turned out to be a comfortable afternoon for the home side, who ran out thumping 6-0 winners.

It took a while for Llannefydd to get going, but two goals in the space of four minutes saw them take control of proceedings prior to the interval.

Elgan Roberts opened the scoring from the penalty spot on 35 minutes and this was followed soon after by Tomos Jones' strike.

It was effectively game over when Ynyr Clwyd made it 3-0 after an hour.

Llannefydd weren't prepared to rest on their laurels and Llion Morris stretched the advantage after 69 minutes.

Nico Clwyd and Nedw Clwyd concluded the scoring with goals in the closing quarter-of-an-hour.