BALA Town brought August to an end at home at a blustery Maes Tegid by welcoming Connah’s Quay.

Chances were few and far between during the first 45 minutes on Friday evening, with the ball in the air for much of the half, making the game frantic and nothing really separated the sides.

Town’s first opportunity came from Lassana Mendes, whose spectacular 35-yard effort was saved by Brass in the Quay net.

Ashley Morris denied Mike Wilde down the other end, with Lee Molyneux releasing Louis Robles for the hosts, but he was deemed offside by the linesman.

Molyneux’s edge of the box free kick went unchallenged, prior to Sean Smith making an astonishing last ditch body block on the line to keep out Mike Wilde’s goalbound header.

Before the break, Town were applying pressure and they almost went ahead when the broke quickly on the right, which saw Robles win a corner.

The ball was swung into the area, but somehow Quay’s melee of bodies in the box managed to clear the danger.

Morris made a great save at the start of the half to stop Woolfe’s chance, while Venables did some excellent work to set up Molyneux, but Harrison cleared the danger.

It was apparent that only one chance from either outfit was going to seal the victory and it came on the 69th minute.

A free kick was delivered into the area by the visitors, leading to Wilde outjumping everyone and heading home to give his side the lead.

The goal resulted in Bala raising the pressure and they finished the game strongly as they looked to respond.

A suspected hand ball in the box from Stuart Jones’ shot was waved away, before Town brought on Kieran Smith, Evan Horwood and Henry Jones for some fresh legs.

Jones immediately put a stunning defence splitting ball through to Robles, but the flag was up, while Jones’ 25-yard free kick soared over the crossbar.

The Lakesiders felt that Louis Robles was floored in the penalty area by Farquharson as time ticked on, but once again, nothing was awarded.

Bala were throwing everything at Quay in stoppage time, but they were denied their equaliser when Brass came to collect a teasing Town corner kick in the final minute.