SIX of the best made it a weekend to remember for Bala Town.

Saturday was a day when everything went the way of the Lakesiders at newly promoted Penybont and an excellent team performance saw them deservedly take away all three points from the KYMCO Stadium.

There was one change to the line-up, with Henry Jones coming in for Lee Molyneux.

In a perfect start to the game, Jones made an instant impact after two minutes of play.

A ball came forward from Anthony Stephens into the path of Chris Venables, which allowed him to find Jones and he fired low into the bottom left hand corner of the net from edge of the box.

Bala saw plenty of the ball in the early stages as they applied pressure on Penybont, with Jones shooting over following a corner and then placing the ball wide during the next passage of play.

With nine minutes played, Town were awarded a penalty.

Burns was tumbled in the box by Warlow and Chris Venables stepped up to blast the spot kick into the roof of the net to double Town’s advantage.

Bala continued to dominate, with Nathan Burke narrowly missing the target from 25 yards, while Jones then saw his effort being saved by the goalkeeper.

Bala added a third goal on 26 minutes.

Stuart Jones headed the ball across the face of goal for Louis Mendes to get a crucial touch to turn it over the line.

However, from the restart, Penybont got themselves back into the game.

They broke down the right and Luke Borrelli fired in after Bala failed to clear.

This didn’t stop Town, who still pressed forward looking to add more goals to their tally.

A fourth goal came on 39 minutes when Louis Robles nudged the ball in from close range.

Before the interval and the visitors had a fifth goal to celebrate.

Jones was tripped in the box for the referee to point to the spot for the second time.

Venables put himself forward once more and duly dispatched the ball into the left side of the goal to make it 5-1 at the break.

Even with their comfortable lead, Town continued with their pressing throughout the second half and they could have gone further ahead when Henry Jones’ teasing cross rattled the woodwork, prior to Venables’ goalbound header being cleared by the Bont defence.

Kieran Smith, Evan Horwood and Lee Molyneux were introduced as Town cranked up the pressure.

Down the other end of the pitch, Penybont had a couple of half chances, but they didn’t test goalkeeper Ashley Morris, who had a quiet afternoon in the Bala net.

A strike by Kieran Smith on the left was driven into the side netting, before Bala had their sixth of the afternoon.

The 73rd minute saw a fantastic set piece on the edge of the box being brought into the area and it was met by an umarked Stuart Jones at the back post, who bulleted the ball home with a powerful header.

With the game now out of sight, Town were carving the home side open and keeping possession brilliantly to see the game out.

Before the end, Venables had his hopes of a hat-trick dashed when his finish from 10 yards was disallowed for being offside.