HOME comforts were met by Ruthin Town picking up a weekend point.

The Memorial Park Fields side finally played their first home game of the season, with Gresford Athletic the JD Cymru North visitors.

Ruthin managed to battle back in the second half to secure a 1-1 draw, which preserves their unbeaten record in the league this season.

On a sunny day, the pitch was in great shape and team boss Chris Hardy made a couple of changes to the line-up, with Dan Cox and Charlie Williams coming in for Gwion Owen and Gwydion Ifan.

Ruthin started the match well and they nearly went ahead in 10th minute.

From a Charlie Williams cross, Dan Cox had a shot cleared off the line and the rebound was met by captain Ilan Hughes, whose shot from the edge of the box hit the far post.

Gresford looked dangerous from set pieces and they had a chance with a free header from a long throw.

On 23 minutes, Tom Dyer came on to replace the injured Kevin Evans.

A few minutes later, Gresford took the lead.

Good work from Josh Griffiths and former Ruthin player Jordan MacCarter set up Jake Eyre to finish well from the edge of the box.

Ruthin looked to respond to this setback and they were presented with a good chance to level when Llyr Morris and Charlie Williams linked up well.

However, from the cut back, Morris blazed over the top from 10 yards.

Four minutes into the second period and Ruthin managed to level things up.

A penalty was awarded when Garmon Hafal was fouled in the box.

Up stepped Llyr Morris to blast home the spot kick via the crossbar.

The game was littered with a number of niggly fouls and the referee brandished the yellow card on a number of occasions.

Again Gresford looked dangerous from set pieces and home keeper Ryan Goldston had to be on his toes to tip Adam Hesp's header against the crossbar.

Ruthin were looking for all three points, with Alex Webster and Dan Porter being introduced off the bench to that end.

Gresford's hopes of success were hit with 13 minutes left when Joe Davies was sent off after picking up his second yellow card of the afternoon.

From the resulting free kick, Garmon Hafal couldn’t quite direct his header on target.

Porter went close with a free kick from 25 yards, which went narrowly wide of the post.

In the dying minutes, Gresford keeper Ben Jones pulled off a good save at his near post from a Llyr Morris shot.