CORWEN are finally able to make their point in JD Cymru North action.

After recent defeats at Llanfair United in the Welsh Cup and Welsh Trophy, Danny Jellicoe's side were hoping for better fortune as they made a league visit to Llanfair Caereinion.

The home side’s first attempt at goal came when Ben Jones pinged a free kick towards goal, but Corwen keeper Dylan Jones dived to make a save.

At the other end, Dale Davies' effort was saved by Mark Richards, while there was a nervy moment in the Corwen box when a tame shot from Karl Seliaerts was spilled by Dylan Jones, but the keeper recovered to gather the loose ball.

The deadlock was broken in the 14th minute and Corwen were celebrating.

Joe Williams' effort from distance flew into the net.

It was level once again five minutes before the break.

Tobius Ashley-Evans got through from the side of the box and slotted the ball into the far corner of the net.

Corwen looked to make a response as the ball was cleared to Lewys Turner, whose first time shot saved by Mark Richards.

There was further disappointment for Corwen in stoppage time when the ball was crossed into the box and Karl Seliaerts' header found the back of the net.

Back came Corwen after the interval and they made it two-apiece after an hour.

Dale Davies passed to Mathew Williams in the six-yard box and he sent his close-range effort into the back of the net.

There were chances at both ends as time ticked on.

Tom Williams' shot went straight at the Llanfair number one and at the other end, Ryan Evans made a hash of his effort, which went wide.

Evans was off target again with a further effort soon after.

As the game the entered final eight minutes, Corwen substitute Kyle Jones gained possession in the penalty area, but his shot was delayed as the ball got stuck under his feet and he saw his eventual effort being blocked.

Joe Williams was denied a minute later, and with a minute remaining, a great challenge from Elystan Hughes prevented Karl Seliaerts from getting his shot away.

Corwen pressed in the closing stages, with Joe Williams hitting a tame effort wide, while Tom Mann's header was saved.