NEW manager Sion Tudor’s first game in charge of Corwen ended in a victory at Porthmadog.

Despite the recent wet weather, the pitch at Y Traeth was in good condition and the water had drained enough off the field to make it playable.

Corwen got out of the traps quickly and they took the lead after only 105 seconds.

Good work from Scott Evans, Joe Williams and Ryan Billington set up Dale Davies, who was able to find space in the penalty area and find the back of the net against his former club.

Porthmadog looked for a quick response and a header from Mel McGinness forced a great reaction save out of Corwen keeper Nathan Roberts.

From the resulting corner, the away side went on a quick counter attack, but a poor cross from Ioz Jones saw the ball go to keeper Paul Prichard and not into the path of Joe Williams.

Things were level in the 24th minute.

John Owen got space in the box and shoot at goal.

Corwen’s Matthew Williams attempted to clear, but could only redirect the ball away from Nathan Roberts and into the corner of the net.

John Owen looked to give his side the lead when he got through on goal, but a great last ditch tackle from Harry Pooler prevented the striker from getting a shot away.

At the other end, Scott Evans shot from the edge of the box and his effort went narrowly wide of the goal.

Porthmadog threatened with the last spot of action in the half and an attempt was headed off the line by Eilir Edwards.

The hosts were on the front foot when the second half got underway and Nathan Roberts made a good save to keep out John Owen's effort.

After an hour of play, Corwen regained the lead.

Eilir Edwards' throw-in was headed against the crossbar by Ryan Billington and Dale Davies was in the right place to head the rebound into the net.

From the restart, Porthmadog went on the attack and a Mel McGinness shot was saved by Nathan Roberts.

Looking to level things up, McGinness was lining up a 65th minute shot, but Harry Pooler slid in to tackle the Porthmadog player.

Turning to stoppage time and Ifan Jones took a free kick in line with the corner of the Corwen box, but he could only send the ball narrowly wide of the far post.

The home side's last effort came when McGinness flicked a shot at goal, but Nathan Roberts was able to collect it.

The final whistle confirmed back-to-back wins for Corwen, who have moved level on points with Porthmadog.