AN away defeat marked Dinbych's spot of action over the weekend in WRU League Division One (North).

Hosts Llangefni eventually claimed the spoils via a 32-20 margin.

The hosts started brightly with a string of powerful carries off their own scrum on the Dinbych 22.

Some excellent defending from Dinbych’s back row helped contain the attack and the ball was soon turned over by hooker Harry Collins before being dispatched downfield.

A lineout won by Dinbych gave the visitors an attacking position just within Llangefni’s half and following an advantage played for a high tackle, the ball was quickly passed out to onrushing full back Gruff Roberts.

The fleet-footed speedster beat three defenders on his way to the whitewash and with the help of the upright, he slotted over an excellent conversion from the touchline.

Llangefni missed a penalty as they attempted to put points on the board, however soon after Llangefni created an overlap and with some precise passing, their inside centre went over for an unconverted try.

The hosts were back in Dinbych’s half soon after and a penalty handed them the lead.

Possession and territory ebbed and flowed between the two teams and Dinbych were to regain the lead after an over-eager Llangefni hand played the ball back in a ruck to concede a penalty right in front of the posts.

Full back Gruff Roberts kicked it as Dinbych went into the break 10-8 ahead.

The second half began with deteriorating weather conditions, with the slippery ball making handling for both sides all the more difficult.

After a missed penalty, the home forwards then took control.

From a scrum, an eagle-eyed Llangefni forward spotted a gap in the defensive line to dive over beneath the posts.

This was converted and Llangefni were five points clear.

Back came Dinbych and another penalty from Gruff Roberts cut the gap to just two points.

Things then got even better for the visitors.

Scrum half Garin Roberts combined superbly with wing Kieran Bonar for the latter to cross for an excellent try.

Gruff Roberts converted from the tightest of angles as Dinbych went ahead once more.

Llangefni hit back and several short-range carries set up one final surge, which resulted in a converted try.

Dinbych then conspired to be the architects of their own downfall.

Firstly, they gifted Llangefni a penalty, which they duly converted.

Then, from an attack in Llangefni’s half, the ball was regained by the hosts and sent downfield.

A lack of concentration along with the slippery ball saw possession knocked on into the grateful hands of the oncoming Llangefni attack, and with two well timed offloads, they touched down for their final try.