SATURDAY afternoon saw the Lakesiders extend their unbeaten league form with an impressive win against the Old Gold.

With new manager Kris O’Leary at the helm, it wasn’t easy for the Lakesiders in the first half and they found it difficult to break down the resilient Carmarthen back four.

The away Town started with purpose, with Lassana Mendes testing Carmarthen keeper Lee Idzi in the opening minutes, before a series of early free kicks were cleared away by the home side.

Carmarthen had opportunities themselves, with a free kick curling over the bar, before they had a massive double chance.

However, Bala number one Tibbetts and Jonny Spittle put their bodies on the line to keep the ball out of the net.

There was then plenty of pressure by the Lakesiders, who were slowly building some momentum.

A brilliant ball from Louis Robles picked out Mendes, who drove into the box, but he put his attempt into the side netting.

Chris Venables allowed Robles to break on the half-hour mark, but he pulled his shot wide of the far upright, before a fantastic move by Bala that included Anthony Stephens and Kieran Smith ended with Jones seeing his strike being pushed away by Idzi.

Bala were playing some fantastic football and broke once again with Stephens, Smith and Mendes involved, but the ball narrowly crept out for a corner following a slight deflection.

On the half-time whistle, Bala's perseverance paid off as they went ahead.

Jones’ teasing delivery met the head of Louis Robles, who flicked the ball home to take the Lakesiders into the interval with the lead.

Bala delivered a stunning second half display that saw them dominate the play and it looked as if they were going to score on every attack.

It was the perfect start to the second period when they doubled their advantage.

Henry Jones powered the ball into the bottom left hand corner from the edge of the box after 56 minutes.

With the wind now in the sails, Town upped the tempo and started to carve Carmarthen open.

Jones saw his chance collected, before a square pass across the face of goal by Robles arrived to an unmarked Smith at the back post, but he mistimed his run and the ball eluded him by inches!

Mendes and Nathan Burke were pulling the strings in the middle, with Venables, Jones and Smith causing numerous problems for Carmarthen.

A ball in by Jones arrived to Robles, but his effort fizzed wide of the post.

Nine minutes from time and the three points were made safe when Henry Jones scored his second of the afternoon.

Mike Hayes’ initial shot was palmed out of the box into Jones’ path and he returned it with interest to rocket a strike into the net and make it 3-0.

Jones could have had his hat-trick in the final minute when his close range opportunity was denied with a last ditch tackle by Knott, before he went one-on-one in the final minute of time, but the effort trickled wide of the target.

There was plenty of determination shown by the Lakesiders to bide their time and take their chances when it mattered, which takes them up to third spot in the table.