BARRY TOWN UNITED and The New Saints (TNS) stole the show in their respective JD Cymru Premier fixtures on Saturday - with both putting six goals past their opponents.

TNS were 4-0 up after just 16 minutes of their match away to Flint Town United at the Essity Stadium.

Goals from Ben Clark, Ryan Astles and Louis Robles (2), put Chris Sargeant's side in complete command during that period before an Adrian Cieslewicz goal made it 5-0 at half time.

Ryan Brobbel was on hand to make it six early on in the second half to complete an emphatic scoreline and keep the Saints three points behind league-leaders Connah's Quay Nomads with the season's split fast approaching.

Barry Town impressed as they put Bala Town to the sword with a surprising 6-2 victory.

Bala skipper Chris Venables put his side in the lead just two minutes before goals from Kayne McLaggon and Evan Press turned the tie on its head.

In what was manager Colin Caton's 700th match in charge of Bala Town (full story in this week's DFP an online later in the week), things could not have gone much worse for the Lakesiders as Barry took it up a gear in the second half.

Chris Hugh made it 3-1 on 51mins before McLaggon made it a brace on 67mins. Press then added his second of the game to give the home side a four goal cushion before Kieran Smith pulled one back for Bala.

There was however still time for Curtis Hutson to get his name on the scoresheet as Barry triumphed in terrific fashion.

Elsewhere, Haverfordwest County continued their push for a top-six finish as they beat Newtown 3-0 away thanks to goals from Kieran Lewis, Cameron Keetch and Marcus Griffiths.

10-man Caernarfon also did their bit to secure a top-six spot by beating Cardiff Met 3-2 at the Oval.

Jack Kenny and Mike Hayes gave the Cofis a 2-0 lead before Harry Owen pulled one back on the hour mark and Caernarfon's Gareth Edwards was sent off moments later.

Jake Bickerstaff then scored on 81mins before Eliot Evans' late penalty was nothing but a consolation for Met.

Finally, Aberystwyth and Penybont played out a 1-1 draw.

The in-form Harry Franklin put Aber ahead on the half-hour mark but Mael Davies' strike an hour into the game ensured the points were shared.