A PERSON is believed to have been taken to hospital following a fire in South Denbighshire.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service say they received a call at 7.22am on Monday to attend an incident in Bryn Elwern, Gwyddelwern, near Corwen.

It involved an accidental kitchen fire at a property.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue concluded: "The cause of the fire in Gwyddelwern was electrical and involved a consumer unit."

A person is thought to have taken themselves to hospital following the fire.

A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service said they were called but "immediately stood down".

She added: "Our records say the Fire Service said our services were not required."