THE New Saints (TNS) remain unbeaten and four points clear at the top of the table following another thrilling weekend of JD Cymru Premier football.

Anthony Limbrick’s side picked up a 3-0 victory over Aberystwyth Town on Saturday afternoon, meaning they have now won six of their opening seven matches this season.

A Declan McManus penalty just 6 minutes into the tie set them on their way at Park Hall before the forward netted again just before half time.

A goal from man mountain defender Ryan Astles completed the scoreline just after the hour mark to ensure that TNS stay top for another week.

Elsewhere, Bala Town left it late to snatch a win at Flint Town United - a victory which moved them up to second in the JD Cymru Premier table.

Veteran striker Michael Wilde popped up on the half-hour mark to hand the home side the lead.

But the tie was turned on its head with 15 minutes left to play at the Essity Stadium, Bala skipper Chris Venables levelling on 75mins before Dave Edwards’ 91st minuted earned the Lakesiders a dramatic win which moved them above Flint in the table.

Denbighshire Free Press:

PIC: Bala Town players go wild after late win at Flint. PIC: Bala Town FC.

Cefn Druids’ abysmal start to the 21/22 season continued as they fell to a 4-2 defeat at Cardiff Met University.

Ben Wynne fired the Ancients in front on seven minutes, before quickfire goals from Emlyn Lewis and Adam Roscrow - less than a minute apart - put Met in front.

In what was a very lively first half at Cyncoed Campus, Wynne then equalised for Druids on 17mins but there was still time for the home team to go back in front once more before the break through Lewis Rees.

The damage was done through a late own goal which condemned Druids to a seventh straight defeat, as they lay bottom of the table with 0pts to their name. Met however are flying and are currently fifth in the table on 11pts.

Elsewhere in the league, Penybont and Caernarfon Town played out a 1-1 draw.

Bont skipper Kane Owen missed a chance to put his side ahead from the penalty spot on 26mins before Jack Evans did give them the lead 10mins later.

But the visitors battled well and found their reward of an equaliser through Cai Jones with 20mins left on the clock.

Finally, champions Connah’s Quay’s frustrating league run continued as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Haverfordwest County.

The Nomads, whose long-term manager Andy Morrison resigned last week, have not won a league match since beating Aberystwyth Town 1-0 on August 20.

On Saturday, they had taken the lead through a Callum Morris penalty but Ben Fawcett’s late goal ensured points were shared.