FORMER Wales international Dave Edwards' stoppage time goal sealed a huge 2-1 victory for Bala Town at Flint Town United.

The win saw the Lakesiders come from behind to move above their opponents, up in to second place in the JD Cymru Premier table - four points off league-leaders The New Saints.

Bala controlled possession well early on in the Friday evening encounter at the Essity Stadium.

Paul Rutherford looked particularly dangerous as his non-stop work rate helped keep the Silkmen pinned in their own half of the pitch.

But, it was the home side who eventually struck first and through a very familiar face.

The lively Sam Hart, playing at left back for Flint, was looking dangerous out wide and it wasn't long before he delivered in a perfect cross which was met by the head of veteran forward Michael Wilde who nodded home past Bala keeper Harri Lloyd.

That goal came just before the half-hour mark and it would be fair to say that it had come against the run of play also.

But, Flint began to take control after it and Wilde almost doubled Bala's misery when he stole the ball on the halfway line, drove towards the Bala goal before seeing his effort hit the post.

In the second half, Bala looked rejuvenated and began to grow in confidence.

Brad Bauress went close to equalising when his low driven cross found a stretching Dave Edwards at the back post, but his shot was tipped away by John Rushton.

Substitute Lassana Mendes helped Bala find a deserved equaliser on 75mins when his sublime cross into the back post was headed in by captain Chris Venables for 1-1.

A draw looked like the right and the predicted result for this one as the match drew to a close, but Bala had other ideas.

Flint almost had an immediate response when Jake Phillips received the ball in front of the Bala goal, but dragged his shot wide.

The match's defining moment came when another Bala substitute, Chris Sang, worked his magic, beating his man before whipping in a great cross which found Edwards who volleyed home a 91st minute winner.

Flint protested the goal as they felt the 90 minutes were up when the visitors were awarded a throw-in on the right and the ball had appeared to have gone out of play off the Lakesiders’ Bradley Bauress.

But the goal was awarded and Bala sneaked what could be an absolutely massive win come the end of the season.

The Lakesiders will be in action again on Saturday October 9, as they take on Cefn Druids at Maes Tegid, with kick-off at 2:30pm.