TRIPS to Buckley are proving to be fruitful for Denbigh Town.

The lads from Central Park claimed the three points and their first clean sheet of the season as they beat Buckley for the second time this season at the Globe.

Three weeks earlier, Denbigh had won 3-1 in the JD Welsh Cup and once again they came out comfortable winners in this Huws Gray Cymru Alliance fixture.

Gwydion Owen was called up to replace injured keeper Craig Vernon and he proved to be an able deputy with some fine saves.

Sam Jones started at left wing back with Lewis Sirrell being unavailable as Town looked to build on the improvements over the last few weeks.

Denbigh showed their intent from the start as Scott McHarrie and Sam Downey took early control of the midfield with some strong challenges and powerful surges into the opposing half.

McHarrie ran half the length of the pitch with the ball before he laid it off to Mark Roberts, whose shot from the edge of the box whistled past the far post.

Soon afterwards, Downey sent a looping cross to the far post for Jordan Barrow to flick the ball into Sam Jones’ path and his half-volley went just over the bar.

Buckley’s attempts on the Denbigh goal were limited to long-range shots in the initial stages, which Gwydion Owen dealt with comfortably.

Jordan Barrow had opened the scoring in the earlier Welsh Cup tie from a free kick.

When the impressive Pat Hinchcliffe was fouled on the edge of Buckley’s box, the set piece was in an identical position from which Barrow had previously scored.

This time, instead of shooting over the wall, he placed it round the wall and it went straight into the net to give Denbigh a deserved lead on 38 minutes.

Sam Jones had a chance to double the advantage soon after, but his shot hit the side-netting.

At the other end, Aron Williams' low shot forced Gwydion Owen into a good save.

With the half coming to a close, Pat Hinchcliffe and Jordan Barrow worked well together to force a corner.

Barrow's set piece was floated to the far post and captain Tony Davies headed back across the box for Sam Jones to hit a shot from 10 yards.

Buckley’s keeper palm the ball against his crossbar and the rebound ball fell for Pat Hinchcliffe to fire in from six yards to make it 2-0.

It was Buckley who had the better of the early stages in the second half, but Tony Davies and Curtis Langton held firm and once again the opportunities on goal were limited.

With Jake Walker replacing Sam Jones on 62 minutes, Denbigh changed their tactics.

This gave Pat Hinchcliffe more space and he did well on two occasions to make strong runs deep into Buckley’s half.

From the second run, his shot was blocked by a Buckley defender and Denbigh shouts for handball were waved away.

A minute later and Dan Lloyd's cross was just headed wide by Jake Walker.

Buckley made a triple substitution on 75 minutes, which gave them hosts a bit more impetus.

Still Denbigh threatened the home goal, with Jordan Barrow and Mark Roberts both going close.

Substitute Tom Jones hit a great speculative shot at Makurak’s goal, which the keeper did well to tip over the bar.