DETERMINED Dinbych have gained their first victory since early September.

Outside half Garin Roberts clinched the win over Bro Ffestiniog with a try in the corner in the last move of an absorbing match between two competitive sides in which the lead changed hands on several occasions.

Dinbych opened the scoring after two minutes with a penalty by Garin Roberts when Bro were caught offside at a ruck.

However, Bro Ffestiniog responded strongly to dominate territorially.

They took the lead after a quarter-of-an-hour when they were awarded a penalty try, with left wing Kieran Bonar being yellow carded for an offence close to the Dinbych line.

Dinbych soon regained the lead, though, when right wing Aidyn Jones went over in the corner for an unconverted try after an initial burst down the middle by centre Aled Evans and good handling by full back Gruff Roberts and centre Tom Seddon when the ball was recycled.

Bro Ffestiniog then capitalised from a long period of pressure near the Dinbych line to score two tries from short range rucks by centre Daniel Jones and hooker Tom Jones.

Both tries were converted by wing Gareth Davies.

Dinbych hit back just before the interval following a short range scrum when number eight Niall Duke picked up at the base for scrum half Henry Davies to break on the blind side to put left wing Aidyn Jones over in the corner for his second unconverted try.

Dinbych closed the gap further to a single point early in the second half when full back Gruff Roberts produced a typical elusive run from 40 metres out and beat several floundering defenders for a try, converted by Garin Roberts.

The hosts then went ahead via Aidyn Jones' hat-trick try after he latched on to a pin-point cross-kick by Garin Roberts, who added the conversion points.

The lead was shortlived, though, as Bro responded following the restart.

Dinbych lost a defensive lineout and Tom Jones went over for his second try, converted by outside half Matthew Hayden.

Trailing once more by a single point and with time running out, Dinbych showed their character as they dominated the closing minutes.

They launched a series of attacks, but they were thwarted by a strong Bro defence.

Aled Evans took play to the Bro 22 with a strong run to set up a ruck, from which Dinbych recycled the ball to the right where he was again involved in the final move of the match.

He combined with flanker Dafydd Evans, hooker Dafydd Jones and replacement scrum half Jordan Wynne, who showed deft handling skills under intense pressure from a blitz Bro defence before Garin Roberts plunged over the line in the corner for the winning score.