REVENGE was sweet for Llangefni over the weekend.

The islanders gained revenge for an early season defeat versus Dinbych by racking up eight tries for a bonus point victory in this Division One (North) basement battle.

Dinbych, however, did score four tries of their own to claim a bonus point, which kept them above their hosts in the table.

Llangefni had the better of a scrappy opening 10 minutes and they opened the scoring with a try by scrum half Aled Jones, who finished off a break down the middle, with full back Rhys Hughes adding the conversion points.

Dinbych responded well with left wing Kieran Bonar going over in the corner from a lineout just inside the Llangefni half after good approach play by full back Gruff Roberts and right wing Aidyn Jones.

Centre Owain Davies added the conversion to level things up.

Llangefni then went ahead again after half-an-hour.

Following a period of pressure in which Dinbych defended well, prop Bedwyr Williams eventually forced his way over for an unconverted try.

Llangefni increased their advantage with a try by outside half Richard Foulkes after good support play, with Rhys Hughes again converting.

Dinbych then suffered a blow with skipper Narmer El Lamie being forced to retire with an arm injury, joining lock Niall Duke who had departed earlier.

This did not stop them from reducing the deficit to a single score when Kieran Bonar went over for his second try in the corner, following outside half Garin Roberts and Owain Davies attacking down the narrow side from a scrum inside the Llangefni 22.

The hosts replied in injury time with left wing Gethin Williams finishing off a long-range attack to cross for a try, converted by Rhys Hughes.

Trailing 26-12 at the interval, Dinbych reduced their deficit in the opening minutes of the second half.

It was a solo effort by Garin Roberts, who cleverly chipped over the Llangefni defence from just inside the 22 and won the race to touch down near the posts, leaving an easy conversion for Owain Davies.

Unfortunately, this revival was short-lived, with the hosts dominating the remainder of the half.

They launched a number long-range attacks to break through the first line of Dinbych defence and this was followed up by good offloading and support play.

Llangefni notched four tries via Aaron Jeffries, Carrog Roberts, Aled Thomas and Gethin Jones, three of which were converted by Rhys Hughes.

Dinbych's heads refused to drop, though, and they secured their try bonus point in the closing minutes.

With youthful trio Lewys Eden, Dafydd Jones and Ben Jackson in the front row and Rhys Johnson and Aled Evan Hughes behind them, lock Gareth Beach - now operating at number eight - picked up at the base of a short range scrum for Garin Roberts to feed Owain Davies, who went over in the corner for an unconverted try.