GWYNEDD honours belonged to the Canaries.

Bala Town were once again left wondering what more they need to do to walk away with a points return after another narrow defeat, this time at county rivals Caernarfon Town.

Proceedings didn’t get off to the best of starts for Colin Caton's charges and Caernarfon took the lead after only five minutes of play.

A quick attack resulted in the ball going into the path of Noah Edwards and he slotted a low strike into the far corner of the net.

Bala were unable to get a hold on the game, with the home side seeing plenty of the ball and causing issues for their opponents.

in further action, Ashley Morris made a low reaction save to block Sion Bradley’s close range effort.

Caernarfon keeper Ramsay was called into action down the other end as Steven Tames’ header lacked power and was collected, prior to Henry Jones having the chance of the half when his powerful drive from 20 yards was palmed away.

Bala were starting to find their feet and challenge a bit more, but they were dealt a blow as Tames pulled up on the by-line holding his knee.

A minute before the break and both sides were down to 10 men.

Leo Smith and Kieran Smith clashed on the halfway line and they were sent for an early shower.

After some harsh words at half-time, it was a much improved Bala side that appeared for the second period, with an encouraging and dominant display from the 10 men.

Jones and Venables went close only minutes into the half.

As the game opened up, Bala were finding their men well and having sustained spells of possession, with Mike Hayes seeing his goalbound strike being tipped over the crossbar on the hour.

This was followed by Venables seeing his opportunity being brilliantly hacked off the line by Joe Williams.

Rob Pearson left the field of play only 10 minutes after coming on after a re-occurrence of his injury, but Bala were still looking bright as they looked for a leveller.

Hayes’ delivery was booted away by Caernarfon for a corner, which resulted in Stuart J Jones heading narrowly over the top with around 10 minutes left to play.

In a quick counter attack, Cai Jones and Bradley broke, allowing Darren Thomas to half volley over Morris’ crossbar in a let-off for the Lakesiders.

During the final minutes, Bala should have got back on level terms.

Henry Jones’ free kick was blocked by the wall, a goalmouth scramble was cleared by Edwards and then Hayes went one-on-one with Ramsay, but the shotstopper was able to turn the attempt behind for a corner.

In stoppage time, Venables and Jones both saw goalbound chances in the six-yard box blocked by Crowther and Edwards, ensuring that the home side kept hold of the points.