A SECOND half comeback ensured it was a losing venture for Bala Town during their weekend trip to Welsh Premier League leaders The New Saints.

In a competitive Friday night fixture, Town harshly lost out 3-1 against the Saints, but Bala didn’t go down without a fight thanks to another very hard-working display.

The game started with quite a quick tempo, but Bala were dealt an early blow when Henry Jones pulled up with a groin strain.

Ian Sheridan replaced him after only four minutes of play.

Chris Venables had Town’s first effort on goal when his shot ended up narrowly wide of the upright, before Ryan Brobbel rattled the bar for the home side with a free kick from the edge of the box.

Edwards fired over the crossbar for the Saints, prior to Paul Harrison superbly tipping over Venables' effort from the edge of the area after 24 minutes of play.

After 35 minutes, The New Saints were awarded a penalty after a clumsy foul in the area.

However, it remained goalless as Redmond's tame spot kick was pushed away strongly by Ashley Morris and the follow-up was hacked off the line.

From this, Town grew in confidence and before the interval, they had the chance of the first half.

Mike Hayes curled an effort narrowly wide of the far post from around 10 yards out.

Bala started the second half well and they took the lead 10 minutes after the restart.

On the back of a couple of minutes of sustained pressure, the ball went into the area from the right.

This wasn’t dealt with by the home side as it flashed across the face of goal to arrive to an unmarked Venables, who bundled the ball in at the back post.

This lead was destined to be shortlived and The New Saints were level within 60 seconds.

Brobbel’s free kick on the D took a fierce deflection on its way into the net.

There was another sucker punch for the Lakesiders when they conceded again in the 63rd minute.

Hudson’s delivery picked out Brobbel, who fired in low to add a second goal.

The goals took the sting out of Town’s play and soon enough a third was scored.

Substitute Greg Draper drove the ball into the bottom right hand corner of the net from around 12 yards out on 75 minutes.