DESPITE giving a below-par performance in a scrappy encounter, Dinbych eased to a four-try bonus point victory over a Mold side fighting hard to avoid relegation.

The visitors had more of the territory and possession throughout the game, but Dinbych had the cutting edge through their speedy backs when they eventually clicked in the second half.

Playing with a bitterly cold stiff breeze in their favour, Mold opened the scoring in the 10th minute when outside half Jack Pearson kicked the second of two penalties conceded as Dinbych defended desperately close to their line.

Dinbych replied three minutes later when flanker Dafydd Jones went over near the posts following good support play after fellow flanker Dan Lawrence had broken through the Mold defence near halfway.

Full back Gruff Roberts added the conversion points.

Despite a stable scrum and good quality line out possession from lock Gareth Beach and number eight Robin Williams, Dinbych failed to capitalise on this and much of the remainder of the half was an error strewn affair, with both sides failing to generate any sustainable momentum.

Dinbych eventually extended their lead just before the interval when Robin Williams won the race to touch down after a kick ahead. Gruff Roberts again converted.

Leading 14-3 at the interval and with the elements now in their favour, Dinbych continued to be frustrated by a good defensive effort from Mold and their own failings in conceding possession through handling errors, a misfiring lineout and a rash of penalties.

Only a scrambling defence stopped Mold scoring two tries from breaks from halfway.

It wasn't until 10 minutes from the end that Dinbych extended their lead with an excellent try, which ended a poor passage of play where possession had been turned over several times.

In contrast, the score was clinical in its execution.

It was started near halfway with the ball being moved swiftly by the backs in midfield and left wing Kieran Bonar went over for a try, converted by Gruff Roberts.

Mold then reduced the deficit when hooker Aron Jones forced his way over for a try after a series of forward drives from a short-range lineout, with Jack Pearson converting via a well-judged kick.

Dinbych got their bonus point with the last move of the game, initiated with a break from halfway by replacement half back Iwan Johnson.

Once again, swift handling and running by the backs led to skipper and centre Tom Seddon going over for the try, again converted by Gruff Roberts.