WHAT a week it has been for Llangynhafal.

After failing to pick up a point during the opening week, the lads in orange have finally found their form with two wins in the space of three nights, which was made possible by a dozen goals.

Their latest triumph was a magnificent 7-1 victory in their "home" meeting with landlords Rhewl, which moves them up to fourth spot in the rankings.

Llangynhafal were full of bags of energy from the kick-off and they had the three points in the bag by the time the half-time whistle was sounded.

They took the lead after 12 minutes when a good ball split the Rhewl defence and Tom Seddon got on the end of it tuck tuck the chance away.

The purple patch continued for Llangynhafal when Seddon grabbed his second goal of the evening just five minutes later.

Rhewl's woes were by no means finished and youngster Charlie Caton chipped in goal number three in the 21st minute.

Llangynhafal totally dominated the opening period and they had a chance to go even further ahead in the 26th minute, but Seddon dragged his shot from the edge of the box wide of the target.

Rhewl were also struggling to deal with set pieces and from a corner, Anthony Marshall was in the right place to clear Tom Sharples' header off the line.

Another effort was cleared off the line just minutes later, before Llangynhafal benefited from an own goal to extend their advantage eight minutes shy of the interval.

Two minutes later and it was five-nil.

That man Seddon completed his hat-trick by slotting in an opportunity at the far post.

Rhewl boss Sion Roberts read his side the riot act at the interval and the visitors did improve in the second half.

They were far better in possession and they were also able to create opportunities of their own.

Even so, Charlie Caton did have a good opportunity to add to Llangynhafal's tally, but his header at the far post was off target.

A sixth goal did go in the home side's favour - and what a strike it was!

Alun Vaughan-Evans' effort from all of 30 yards found the top corner of the net.

There was some joy for Rhewl as they pulled a goal back 60 seconds later.

Llangynhafal's impressive backline failed to deal with a free kick into the box and Elis Owen slotted home from close range.

As Rhewl looked for further goals, talented youngster George Mitchell hit the post with an effort and down the other end, keeper Stuart Griffiths did superbly to deny Charlie Caton.

However the final word would belong to Llangynhafal and Caton scored his second goal of the evening in the 90th minute.