IF the destination of this year's Summer League title goes down to goal difference, Llangynhafal will win.

The league leaders boosted their chances of claiming the championship with a thumping 18-0 Thursday night victory versus 10-man Clawddnewydd.

Undoubtedly the star of the show for the tangerines was Alex Webster, who bagged a double hat-trick on the night.

It was always going to be a tough ask for short-handed Clawddnewydd, who didn't stop running and hassling their opponents for the entire 90 minutes.

Four goals in the opening 13 minutes set the tone for the encounter.

Tom Seddon broke the deadlock in only the second minute after Alex Webster's initial shot was saved, while it was 2-0 within two minutes as Garmon Hafal volleyed in.

Webster scored his first of the evening in the 11th minute and Tom Dyer's header found the corner of the net to make it 4-0 shortly afterwards.

The fifth goal arrived in the 21st minute.

Dyfan Humphreys flick hit the post and Oli Derosa was there to tuck away the rebound.

Webster scored his second goal in the 28th minute, while four goals in the space of five minutes late in the first half saw Llangynhafal hit double figures prior to the interval.

Seddon scored twice more to complete a first half hat-trick, while Webster added another for his treble.


One of Tom Seddon's first half goals


There was also a second goal for Tom Dyer.

The goal-den evening continued when the second half got underway and Pete Jones scored Llangynhafal's 11th of the contest five minutes after the restart.

Garmon Hafal missed a glorious chance to double his own tally, while Seddon grabbed his fourth goal of the evening after an hour.

Pete Jones made it 14-0 five minutes later, while Llangynhafal completed an excellent night's work with four goals in the closing quarter-of-an-hour.

Three of these were netted by man of the match Webster, with the other arriving courtesy of an unfortunate own goal.


One of Alex Webster's six goals against Clawddnewydd


Despite the outcome, Clawddnewydd didn't stop battling, with determined play from Owen Heath seeing him firing an effort from distance straight at Llangynhafal keeper Dylan Jones.