AFTER the huge amount of rain that fell in the 24 hours leading up to the game, it was a great surprise to both Rhos and Ruthin 2nds that the match went ahead!

To the great credit of the Rhos ground staff, the pitch was in good condition and it promised to be an open exciting game as the weather eventually cleared up.

Ruthin went to Rhos with a strong side and expected a tough Division Three (North) game as the home team have useful forwards and an organised set piece.

The game started in the usual Ruthin fashion, being open and expansive to try and counter the strong Rhos forwards.

However, it was the forwards themselves who managed to get the first score with stalwart Gareth Gower sniping over for the first try.

Even with their best efforts, Rhos were unable to penetrate the Ruthin defence, with the back row especially organised in nullifying any attempts.

With such a strong defence, it was no wonder that mistakes were inevitable and Eti Fidow pounced on a Rhos error to outsprint the scrambling defence to score the game's second try under the posts.

Deian Williams managed to nudge over the conversion.

With the game now a very open affair, this development suited Ruthin more than it did Rhos and tries started to flow yet again.

Bryn Shepherd was able to latch on to a beautiful move from the backs and score for Ruthin.

The Blues' dominance was not only unique to the backs, as the fitness of the Ruthin pack was superior to that of Rhos.

As the game went on, the Ruthin forwards continued to dominate every aspect of the game.

With such dominance, it was no wonder that the bonus point try should come through a forward.

From a powerful scrum, Tudur Parry picked up from his number eight position to score under the posts.

Again from another powerful scrum on opposition ball, Ruthin captain Joe Mault was able to scavenge a try from the Rhos number eight's mistake at the base of the scrum.

Another try was scored from a driving lineout, with Jamie Chips taking advantage of his forward pack.

However, complacency again crept into the Ruthin play, as it does on occasions.

Rhos built up some good territory from an accurate kicking display and they managed to score a try of their own, which pleased their doting crowd.

The try spree returned to normal once some encouraging words from the Ruthin supporting faithful were heeded.

Basic hands across the backline allowed a sliver of space for Ynyr Roberts to speed into the corner and score a very good team try.

Again, Rhos came back at Ruthin with their never say die attitude and this caused a number of issues with the Blues' discipline.

A late tackle on the replacement Rhos scrum half meant that Tudur Parry received a yellow card for his offence.

Within minutes of his brother's sin binning, Huw Parry wanted to console him on the sidelines, so following a deliberate foul, he received a yellow card of his own.