BRILLIANT Ruthin Town have achieved something that only one other club has managed this season.

Cymru North leaders Airbus UK Broughton suffered only their second loss of the campaign as Jamie Cumming's second half penalty sealed a superb 2-1 success for Ruthin at Memorial Park Fields.

Airbus went into the contest on the back of a lengthy unbeaten run, however Ruthin were also in fine form with manager Phil Hudson claiming the league's manager of the month accolade for December.

Steve O’Shaughnessy made three changes to the Wingmakers' starting line-up from the previous game against Llanrhaeadr six weeks ago.

Jamie Crowther returned for his first game since August, while Elliot Orton and Oli Lancely also returned, with Beau Cornish, Nathan Brown and Owen Payne all dropping to the bench.

As for the hosts, they also made two changes to the starting XI from their last match against Colwyn Bay, with Llyr Morris and Vita Mboloke coming in for Wil Owen and Isaac Lambert.

The Wingmakers got out of the traps quickly despite the lay-off, with a couple of early set pieces, but it was the hosts who had the first chance of the game.

Matty Hill made a break down the left and pulled Lewis Dutton into an early save in the third minute.

Two minutes later and Airbus could have been in front.

Joe Palmer's cross found the in-form Eyre in space, but his shot was just wide of the goal.

Ruthin claimed the lead after a quarter-of-an-hour.

Recent signing Llyr Morris made a break and found Owen, who slotted home from just inside the box.

Oli Lanceley spurned a good chance to level soon after and Airbus did have the ball in the net in the 26th minute via Eyre's header, however the referee deemed there was a foul in the build-up on Goldston and he disallowed it.

Llyr Morris went close to doubling Town's lead in the 36th minute with a strike that hit the post and Sam Rickett's follow up was cleared by Elliott Orton.

At the other end, star striker Adam Davies got behind the Ruthin defence, but his shot went narrowly over the bar.

It was level with five minutes of the first half remaining.

Former Denbigh player Eyre stole the ball midway inside the hosts' half, before cooly finding his way down the flank and cutting across Daniel Cox before calmly slotting home.

The second got underway to the worst possible start for the Wingmakers.

Gaz Edwards was shown a straight red card for a last man tackle on Llyr Morris and a spot kick was awarded.

Jamie Cumming held his nerve to convert the penalty.

The game continued to be heated and fiery, with a penalty shout from Airbus in the 70th minute.

Davies went down in the box, however the referee deemed it to have been simulation and the visiting player was booked.