RGC managed to stretch their undefeated run to six games thanks to a comfortable 40-3 Welsh Premiership success at home to Carmarthen Quins.

The opening 20 minutes was a kicking battle interspersed with RGC punching holes into a dogged Quins defence.

Conditions resulted in a few handling errors, but it was RGC who were asking all the questions attacking-wise.

Sam Rogers hit over a couple of penalties, sandwiched in between a Jac Wilson kick for the away side.

Quins did get near the line, but Dan Owen's impressive season continued as he worked his magic at the breakdown to win the penalty and ease the pressure.

The Gogs were rewarded with a try after they moved the ball before Delwyn Jones collected a kick on the bounce to dive over for the score.

Sam Earl-Jones was making some good yards and breaking down the field and the discipline of the Quins resulted in a couple of penalties being conceded.

RGC’s pack was looking solid, with Christian Hone impressing against the visitors in the scrum.

Delwyn Jones was also showing good value at centre, with some decent offloads and a few kicks to turn the Quins defence behind.

Sam Rogers extended his side's lead with one of those penalties and at the break the scoreboard ticked over again when Efan Jones dipped his shoulder and sent the Quins defence the other way to sprint in for the try.

Rogers made it a well deserved 21-3 lead at the break.

The second half opened with an RGC try from Dan Owen, with another successful Rogers nudge which just about ended any Quins chance of a comeback.

That was certainly the case when a crossfield kick was collected by winger Harri Evans in the air before he landed with the ball to gain a try.

It became a bit of a stop-start affair with the cards being dished out – Billy McQueeney was given a yellow and soon after, Sion Jones red-carded for Quins and RGC’s Cam Davies was shown a yellow.

It didn’t help the flow of the game, with a number of stoppages.

Credit to RGC as they were intent on keeping Quins out when they did get close to the line, with Rhodri King stopping the maul on the line.

The fact the try-line wasn’t punctured and Quins were unable to stretch the RGC defence was as impressive as the tries scored.

Not only did King stop a score, he finished the game with an RGC try after a driving maul.

Sam Rogers hit the extras to put the icing on RGC's sixth consecutive win.

RGC head coach Ceri Jones praised his side and he told the club's website: “It was a pragmatic display from us.

"We showed respect to Quins early on but took the points when we had the chance.

"I think that try at the start of the second half changed the game for us, and we took control.

"Defensively the effort was there and we didn’t want to concede and then we were clinical in attack to get the bonus point.

"Perhaps I am being overly picky as a coach even with the 40-3 win, but discipline could be better and I think we can be even more clinical when we create opportunities.

"We have some good momentum, and the squad is in a good place heading into two tough games versus Ponty and Merthyr.

"We will have a few difficult selection choices as we gave a few players a start today who impressed – Christian Hone, Matt Buchanan and Jordan Jones.”