RGC made it back-to-back home triumphs in the Welsh Premiership via a fine 25-12 success over Llanelli.

The North Walians opened the scoring after Dan Owen charged down Josh Phillips' kick and managed to touch down.

Sam Rogers nudged the conversion over and that was the highlight of an opening 20 minutes which didn’t quit spark.

That all changed when the visitors responded with a try and Phillips' conversion levelled things up.

RGC looked to regain the advantage, with Dan Owen and Rhys Tudor splitting the defence open and they were rewarded with a penalty.

Sam Rogers gave his side the lead again with a successful kick.

However, Jordan Scott was shown a red card midway through the first half for throwing a punch, and at that point it looked like being a long afternoon for the North Walians.

Llanelli took advantage to claim the lead.

Scrum-half Luke Davies crossed for his side's second try, with Phillips again converting.

With the man extra, the visitors looked to play some quick ball to find the space and expose gaps around the field.

Credit to RGC, though, who took hold of the ball and tried to make things happen.

RGC finished the half on the attack, with Llanelli conceding a number of penalties before the Gogs were held up on the line

The second half started with RGC attacking with real intent, especially down the right.

Scrum half Ollie Wynn was sharp around the breakdown as RGC looked to get the ball into the Llanelli half.

The set piece was working well and from a lineout, the ball was worked back to Rhodri King, who crossed for a try.

With their man advantage, Llanelli always looked dangerous and broke up the field quickly, so RGC needed to make sure the errors were at a minimum when they had the ball.

Harri Evans and Afon Bagshaw both made important tackles, which got well-deserved cheers from the crowd and made sure Llanelli attacks were stopped at crucial times.

RGC almost stretched their lead when Ollie Wynn kicked ahead and Rhys Tudor chased down, but he was unlucky not to get the try.

Player wise, it was 14 versus 14 when Iwan Shenton was yellow carded for the visitors.

Dion Jones nailed the resulting penalty when he came on as replacement to give his side a six-point lead.

RGC's defence was working well and the scrum was solid at key times, while the experience of Efan and Dion Jones off the bench enabled the hosts to control the game.

Composure for RGC was clear as they worked the ball back into the Llanelli half, making sure the visitors were kept in their own 22.

The Gogs had the upper hand up front and when they had the penalty which was kickable, they backed themselves and kicked to touch for an attacking lineout.

With the clock ticking down, the scrum put in another big push and clearly they backed themselves as the penalty try was coming - and it did arrive.

It was a massive effort and when the set piece and cool heads were needed, the players delivered.

Despite their numerical advantage, Llanelli didn’t get any points on the board in the second half, which is credit to the discipline and fitness of the hosts.