A KEY cup encounter versus Connah's Quay Nomads has once more gone in Bala Town's favour.

The Lakesiders defeated Quay on penalties in the final of the Nathaniel MG Cup back in January and they saw off Neil Gibson's side over the weekend in thrilling fashion to book their spot in the final of the Welsh Cup.

Quay boss Neil Gibson made two changes to the team that overcame Cardiff Met as Harry Franklin and Josh Williams came in to replace Joe Malkin and the absent Mike Wilde.

Bala also made two changes to their side, with the pairing of David Edwards and Lassana Mendes coming in for Nathan Burke and Luke Wall, who both dropped to the bench.

First choice goalkeeper Alex Ramsay returned in between the sticks to replace Harri Lloyd.

It wasn't the best of starts for Bala, who fell behind after only 37 seconds.

Harry Franklin found the net for Nomads following a swift counter attack from the front three.

It was all Nomads for the next ten minutes, with Josh Williams having two chances to double the lead.

Keeper Andy Firth then made a remarkable save to keep Nomads ahead midway through the first half as Lassana Mendes’ ball back across the six-yard box found Adam Roscrow, whose low drive forced Firth to get down low, show his quick reactions and make a crucial stop.

Bala then looked the more dangerous of the two sides with Firth denying Kieran Smith, while David Edwards curled an effort inches wide.

The Lakesiders levelled things up five minutes into the second half.

Naim Arsan’s strike deflected into the path of Nathan Peate, who beat Firth at his near post.

Continuing their purple patch, Bala then got their noses in front for the first time.

David Edwards’ pass into George Newell allowed the striker to step onto his left foot and fire home.

Back came Connah's Quay and the were able to make it two-apiece just past the hour-mark.

Josh Williams spotted Harry Franklin out wide and he delivered a low ball across the face of goal, which Jack Kenny turned home from close range.

Nomads had the ball in the net once more just moments later through Ben Nash, but this effort was disallowed for a foul on Alex Ramsay.

With time ebbing away, Bala grabbed their decisive third goal with just five minutes of the semi-final remaining.

George Newell’s header back across goal left the Bala skipper with an easy finish into the back of the net to make it 3-2 to the Lakesiders.

The Nomads quickly looked to react to going behind again and turned to the bench for fresh legs up front, with the duo of Mike Hayes and Joe Malkin coming on for Callum Morris and Harry Franklin.

In the dying seconds, Quay were giving it all they had in search of a late equaliser and were on the unlucky end of a goalmouth scramble after Joe Malkin’s powerful effort struck the leg of Mike Hayes, with Alex Ramsay able to retrieve.

The final whistle confirmed Bala's spot in the final, where they will face The New Saints in a repeat of the 2017 showpiece.