THERE was agony for Dinbych as they were pipped 32-31 at home to COBRA in their latest Division One North encounter.

Despite outscoring the visitors by five tries-to-four and leading for virtually all the match, Dinbych had victory snatched from their grasp.

Two tries came in the final minutes when Dinbych were reduced in number by a yellow carding.

Playing with a stiff breeze in their favour, Dinbych started strongly and opened the scoring after only seven minutes when they attacked from a line out just outside the COBRA 22 and created space for right wing Kieran Bonar to beat the defence on a touchline run to go over in the corner.

The hosts increased their lead just three minutes later when flanker Gwern Pierce was on hand to finish off a break from a scrum just inside the Dinbych half by centre Gruff Roberts by crossing at the posts for a try converted by Dan O’Sullivan.

COBRA countered through the powerful driving play by their forwards, however Dinbych went further ahead after half-an-hour.

After attacking close to the COBRA line, left wing Gethin Williams twisted over in the corner for an unconverted try.

COBRA eventually opened their account in injury time as Cian Roberts went over for a try converted by Llew Williams.

Trailing 17-7 at the interval, COBRA closed the gap further early in the second half with Lloyd Bright forcing his way over for a try converted by Williams.

A quarter-of-an-hour into the half, Williams drew COBRA level with a penalty.

Dinbych responded quickly with a long distance counter attack ending with Gruff Roberts running in from halfway for a try converted by O’Sullivan.

Llew Williams added another penalty, only for Dinbych to stretch their lead with a score by Robyn Cartwright, converted by O'Sullivan.

With the match entering the final quarter, heavy pressure near the Dinbych line resulted in the hosts being reduced to 14 with a yellow card for not rolling away after a tackle near the line.

This pressure was rewarded when Llew Williams crossed for a try, which he converted himself. In the final minutes, the visitors won the match when Bryn Edwards forced his way over.