RGC were involved in an away day Welsh Premiership thriller.

Ceri Jones' side will rue a crucial three-minute spell at the start of the second half, which saw Carmarthen Quins score 14 points in a tight 32-31 success.

Quins took the lead from a driving maul, with scrum-half Rhods Davies taking a quick tap and darting over for a try,converted by Steff Marshall.

After Delwyn Jones and Sam Rogers both made important tackles at key times, the hosts stretched their advantage with a try by winger Corum Nott.

Sam Rogers went close to a response, but RGC didn't have to wait too long for their first try.

Jordan Jones crossed the line for the score and Dion Jones knocked over the conversion.

The boot of Marshall extended his Quins' lead to eight points with a 35th minute penalty, however there was still time in the first half for the away side to respond.

Matt Buchanan made a strong run through some tackles and set up Dan Owen for an unconverted try.

Then, right on the stroke of half-time, RGC took the lead for the first time.

After a driving maul edged to the line, Dan Owen spotted a gap to dab down.

They looked to build on this lead when the second half got underway, but it was Carmarthen who came firing out of the blocks.

Lewys Millin regained the lead with a try, which was converted by Marshall.

Matters were made worse for RGC minutes later when a mix-up in defence presented Josh Batcup with a simple bonus point try and Marshall added the extras.

Conceding 14 points in three minutes was not the start to the second half the Gogs were looking for and it would prove crucial to how the game played out.

RGC were back in the contest when Elis Evans went in at the posts and Dion Jones nudged over the extras.

Marshall's penalty put Quins eight points ahead, but the match was soon back in the balance.

On his 100th appearance, Bryn Jones carried hard before Dion Jones evaded a few tackles to score against his old club.

He also kicked the conversion to cut the gap to a single point.

With the clock ticking down, Quins were able to see out the game and claim the bonus point win.