WHERE do you start with Dinbych's epic 44-38 loss to Caernarfon.

It was an excellent flowing Division One North encounter and the attacking intent of both sides produced a lucky try-fest of 13, with Caernarfon edging out Dinbych by scoring seven to the home side's six tries.

Dinbych led by 26-19 at the interval and were still in the lead until the final quarter when they were finally overtaken.

The only consolation for Dinbych was that they picked up two bonus points for their narrow loss and scoring their number of tries.

Dinbych were on fire from the start and they surprised their high flying opponents by scoring three tries in the first quarter.

Left wing Efan Edwards opened the scoring in the sixth minute, showing both power and pace to run in from halfway and go over in the corner.

Dinbych went further ahead with a brace of tries by centre Gruff Roberts.

For his first, he wrong-footed the visitors' defence by cutting inside from near halfway to score at the posts, whilst for his second he regained his own chip ahead from just inside the Caernarfon half to cross for a fine solo try.

Dan O’Sullivan converted both and Dinbych were leading by 19 points midway through the half.

Caernarfon opened their account with Iolo Hughes' try, converted by Guto Pierce, and they reduced the deficit further with an unconverted score by Hughes.

Dinbych responded well and right wing Aidyn Jones streaked in for a try, converted by O’Sullivan.

Caernarfon grabbed the final try of the half via Dave Yates, with Pierce adding the extras.

Carwyn Roberts' try early in the second half cut the gap between the teams to two points.

Dinbych again reacted well with Aidyn Jones grabbing his second score, with O’Sullivan converting.

Back came Caernarfon with Aled Jones' penalty and they took the lead with Tomos Hird's try, converted by Jones.

They then increased their lead with a second unconverted try by Carwyn Roberts.

Dinbych skipper Tom Seddon powered his way through several tackles for a try, only for the conversion to hit the post.

With time running out, Caernarfon made the game safe with Dafydd Hirst's score.