THERE has been double joy for Denbigh Town.

Seven days after winning the Adran North West League title, Dewi Llion Jones' side completed a famous double by claiming the Adran Northern Cup, writes Ollie Williams.

It came in comfortable fashion as Denbigh defeated Bow Street 6-1 in the showpiece final at Caersws' Recreation Ground.

A brace apiece from both Paul Fleming and Matthew Worrall caused much of the damage and further efforts were supplied by Nathan Brown and Jake Walker.

Having seen off Llay, Bangor, Llanfair and Builth Wells in previous rounds, Denbigh began brightly and within five minutes they settled the nerves with a tidy goal.

Ben Lockley made great progress down the right channel before crossing and after a spill from the goalkeeper, captain Fleming was able to tap home.

Just three minutes later and Fleming made it 2-0. The veteran skipper rifled a left-footed volley into the top corner to give the Reds full control.

Bow Street looked to battle back and following a trio of yellow cards, including one for assistant manager Llyr Hughes, they did pull one back with a good finish from Dafydd Carruthers.

Sensing a potential fightback, Denbigh began quickly from the restart and within a couple of minutes they restored the two-goal cushion when Worrall smashed the ball low and hard into the net from 25 yards.

Not content to rest on their laurels, Town executed a clinical move and after a cross from the right channel, the smallest man on the pitch headed home.

Nathan Brown clinched his 30th of the season - and his first header!

Five minutes before the break and Worrall had his second when goalkeeper Ben Willis rushed out to him but appeared to collapse through injury allowing the in-form forward to tap home. Willis would have to be replaced due to an ankle injury.

Denbigh came out unchanged after the break and almost had a sixth only for Craig Pritchard’s effort to be thwarted by the stand-in goalkeeper.

Eventually they did make a second half breakthrough when Walker, top scorer in cup competitions this season, met a cross from the right with a bullet header just eight minutes after coming on.

On the back of the triumph, Denbigh become the first club to win the Ardal double, a fitting way to wave goodbye to tier three football and prepare for life in the Cymru North.

Post-match, captain Paul Fleming and chairman Shon Powell raised the cup aloft sparking jubilant celebrations that went on long into the night, as the silverware came back to Denbighshire.