SEVERE damage was caused to a house in Gwynedd and two residents were taken to hospital following a tumble dryer fire.

On Wednesday (April 10) the North Wales Chronicle reported that there had been a fire on Cornwall Estate, Mynytho on April 9 just before 5pm. Four appliances and an aerial ladder platform attended.

There was also another fire in an outhouse in Caernarfon at 2.06am on April 9.

After a series of similar incidents involving tumble dryers, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service is reiterating their appeal for residents to ensure they use tumble dryers safely and have working smoke alarms fitted.

Advice on using appliances safely can be found here.

Denbighshire Free Press: A house sustained severe damage in MynythoA house sustained severe damage in Mynytho (Image: North Wales Fire and Rescue Service)
In March, two homes in Broughton sustained severe damage due to a tumble dryer fire.


Firefighters also attended fires involving tumble dryers on February 28 in Ruthin, on March 3 in Buckley and March 6 in Denbigh.

Paul Kay, Head of Fire Safety for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire can be devastating for all involved - causing damage and disruption and in the worst cases, loss of life.

“We’re appealing to residents to follow some simple steps we should all be taking when using our tumble dryers to help everyone stay safe.”